Pierre Nercessian; president Camaro club Lebanon for 4 years now, what can you tell us about the startup phase and the launching of Camaro Club in Lebanon?
It all happened after I bought my 2010 Camaro from Impex, Chevrolet dealer in Lebanon, and started asking around to start up a club with the dealership. After 6 months, I teamed up with my best friend Vladimir yeghiazarian (also a Camaro owner) and started a Facebook group for Camaros called Camaro 5 club Lebanon. A few months later, the group had around 30 members and I just received a call from Impex to join forces thus created an official Camaro Club with me as a president and Vladimir as vice president. After going through all the official papers and transforming Camaro 5 Club into the Official Camaro Club, we now count more than 350 club members.
What are the objectives and were the achievements of the Camaro Club during those 4 years?
Our objectives are simple:
– Promoting and sharing our passion for Chevrolet Camaro by organizing events and rides visiting all the Lebanese territories
– Creating awareness on safe and responsible driving
– Getting involved in CSR activities
– Having fun whenever we can
As for our achievements:
– We successfully organized rides all over Lebanon from north, south, Beirut, Mount Lebanon and Beqaa
– We have done all sorts of events such as speed tests, car shows, charity funding, movie nights and dinners
– We managed to grab international attention from GCC as we have participated in several events there and the US with constant collaboration with international clubs and competitions.
What was the role of the president in those achievements and fulfilling those objectives and who was there to support you?
The president and vice president supervise, plan, and discuss the yearly pipelines of the club. The board team plans the yearly pipelines and supervises the executions and most importantly the road team, that consists of road captains who plan, scout and execute all the rides and logistics to keep all our members safe from any incidents.
What’s coming next for the Camaro Club in the coming years?
Our future plans include monthly rides, events, speed tests, drift events, movie nights, Christmas dinner and charity fundraising events and some very special surprises that will be announced in the near future.
Anything you would like to add?
Special thanks to Arab tuning magazine for covering all our events and rides and supporting our club and giving us the chance to spread the origins and identity of our club.