- The classical roadster, reinterpreted and sportier than ever: new BMW Z4 fuses typical sports car dynamism with emotion-packed design, an exclusive ambience and advanced equipment features. Unadulterated driving pleasure meets state-of-the-art powertrain, chassis, operating and connectivity technology.
- The new BMW Z4 is a very modern addition to the brand’s long history of engrossing roadsters. Two-seater with fully electric fabric soft-top. Radically revised proportions, central seating position, shorter wheelbase for increased agility and wider tracks than its predecessor. Weight-saving measures and ideal 50 : 50 weight distribution, aerodynamically optimised body.
- Exterior design with precision-led use of forms and various signature details. Headlights positioned at the outer edges of the front end and in a vertical arrangement for the first time. LED headlights as standard, Adaptive LED headlights with matrix function for non-dazzling high beam and cornering lights optional. Large BMW kidney grille in new mesh design. Wide bonnet with prominent contour lines straddles the wheel arches. Large Air Breathers provide the starting point for the lines and surface contouring along the flanks. Muscular, sculptural rear end featuring harmoniously integrated spoiler, slender LED lights and diffuser.
- Modern, high-class interior styling with pronounced driver focus, lines that surge forward with dynamic élan and clearly structured control panels. Pared-down trim finishers reinforce the puristic character. Door panel contours echo some of the exterior graphic elements visible from the side.
- Show premiere in October 2018 at the Paris Motor Show. Launch in March 2019 with a choice of three model variants: BMW Z4 M40i BMW M Performance model (fuel consumption combined: 7.4 – 7.1 l/100 km [38.2 – 39.8 mpg imp]; CO2emissions combined: 168 – 162 g/km)* with new 250 kW/340 hp six-cylinder in-line engine, BMW Z4 sDrive30i (fuel consumption combined: 6.1 – 6.0 l/100 km [46.3 – 47.1 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 139 – 137 g/km)* and BMW Z4 sDrive20i (fuel consumption combined: 6.1 – 6.0 l/100 km [46.3 – 47.1 mpg imp]; CO2emissions combined: 139 – 137 g/km)* with four-cylinder engines and outputs of 190 kW/258 hp and 145 kW/197 hp respectively. Further improved eight-speed Steptronic Sport transmission as standard. All engines have a gasoline particulate filter and emissions that comply with the Euro 6d-TEMP standard.
- New roadster engineered with focus on maximum agility, dynamism and steering precision. Low centre of gravity. Extremely rigid body structure and chassis mountings. New front and rear axle design. M Sport brakes, Adaptive Sport suspension, M Sport differential and high-performance tyres as standard (BMW Z4 M40i) or available as an option. Variable sport steering and mixed-size tyres as standard for all model variants.
- Extensive standard equipment exuding sports car flair. Model-specific sports seats with integral head restraints. Vernasca leather upholstery as standard in the BMW Z4 sDrive30i, while BMW Z4 M40i has a leather and Alcantara interior as standard. Fixed rollover bars. Driving Experience Control switch can be used to select COMFORT, SPORT and SPORT+ modes, each of which changes the car’s responses perceptibly. Fabric soft-top opens and closes at the push of a button within ten seconds, even on the move at up to 50 km/h (31 mph). Boot capacity increased by over 50 per cent (to 281 litres) compared to predecessor. Sport Line model and M Sport package have exclusive design and equipment features.
- Class-leading choice of driver assistance systems: Collision and Pedestrian Warning with City Braking function is standard, likewise Lane Departure Warning system. Available as options: Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function, traffic sign recognition, distance information, Lane Change Warning system, Rear Collision Prevention and Cross-Traffic Alert, Active Park Distance Control, rear view camera, Parking Assistant with automated longitudinal and lateral vehicle guidance when manoeuvring into and out of parking spaces, and Reversing Assistant. BMW Head-Up Display available in a roadster for the first time.
- Intuitive operation and intelligent connectivity thanks to BMW Operating System 7.0. Optional BMW Live Cockpit Professional with consistently designed, context-based and customisable graphics in the fully digital instrument cluster and in the Control Display (both with screen diagonal of 10.25 inches). Multimodal operation via Control Display’s touchscreen functionality, iDrive Controller, steering wheel buttons or voice control.
- Diverse range of digital services from BMW ConnectedDrive: over-the-air navigation map and software updates. Hazard warnings use interconnectivity with other BMW vehicles. BMW Digital Key for vehicle access and starting the engine from a smartphone.
|* The fuel consumption, CO2 emissions, electric power consumption and operating range figures were determined according to the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 in the version applicable. The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany and the range shown considers the different sizes of the selected wheels/tyres and the selected items of optional equipment.|
CO2 EMISSIONS & CONSUMPTION.
BMW Z4 M40i: fuel consumption combined: 7.4 – 7.1 l/100 km [38.2 – 39.8 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 168 – 162 g/km
BMW Z4 sDrive30i: fuel consumption combined: 6.1 – 6.0 l/100 km [46.3 – 47.1 mpg imp]; CO2emissions combined: 139 – 137 g/km
BMW Z4 sDrive20i: fuel consumption combined: 6.1 – 6.0 l/100 km [46.3 – 47.1 mpg imp]; CO2emissions combined: 139 – 137 g/km